View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 12:40 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Green Monster View Post
How do you know its a high power car or how high powered before you run it?
My guess is you do a couple of runs. From some small info I have managed to google, it may be that on the MAHA the run through the revs has to be within a certain time window i.e 90 seconds from start to finish (+/- a tolerance). The load applied either speeds up the run or slows it down.

Quote:
If 40 load or what ever it was seems correct for your car for example and we all turn up for a powerrun, others with 400+ are going to over read?
The above would have to be performed, I assume too low a load will cause under-reading as the car will accelerate through the rev range too fast.

Quote:
I dont think there is the same setting on the maha.
agree it does look like that

Quote:
Dastek takes a reading at a set rpm and load and measures the gearing at that point and seems fairly accurate.
The only reading done on this MAHA is at 25mph (I think) in the gear selected for the run, to determine ratios'

I know there are alot of pro's and con's you only have to google MAHA Vs Dastek or Dynojet or dyno dynamics to see a whole host or forum discussions.

MAHA are though used by a number of German car manufacturers, so shouldn't be written off as being not up to the job.