View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 06:35 PM
Platinum Member

Any of you guys that want to take your own car around the track are welcome but you MUST have a drivers pass. I will be getting as many of these as I can from Chris Buckler (Chunk B) although there will not be heaps of these.

We may be appointed 3 - 5 passes that we shall need to share between us.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The two rules to abide by when taking your own car on track are

1. Drivers pass which I believe was a wrist band last year?

2. You MUST have a passenger with you.

You will be tugged by the event organisers if they see a driver only in a car.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As a club we will need to have a number of cars offering the public a lap, so don't be shy

It's not a race so just drive at a pace you feel in control of.

At the moment we don't have enough. I will be out on track, Steve M's mate in a GT3RS is up for it and BigTel has mentioned he may have a few laps, so we need some more ........ please

Copy and Paste this list if you fancy it.

1. Fudge
2. Steve M's mate
3. Big Tel

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The venue / track does hold several track day events throughout each year and to be honest it's the perfect venue for first timers.

It must rank as one of the safest venues with it's huge open spaces and very few dangers.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want to have a bash it may pay to bare the following in mind.

1. Check your engine oil level.

2. Check tyre pressures.

3. Check coolant levels and make sure you have plenty of fuel.

4. Have a couple of sighting laps before taking the public around & get a mate to jump in with you.

5. If you are new to tracks DONT follow the race line of the guy in front of you. Chances are at this event you will be following incorrect race lines.

6. Use the long straight to overtake slower cars. It's 60 Mts wide and very safe.

7. Most important rule, use your mirrors often. If you see a car catching you or someone is on your ar5e a flick of your indicator will let the driver behind know you are aware of him and he will pass you seeing your indicator flashing.

30 minutes will be the max you can stay out and to be honest you will be better doing 15 - 20 minute outings.

Park back on the stand and then other drivers from our club can then go out.

Don't forget to copy & paste the above list if you interested. We will need more drivers/cars.

Cheers fellas

PS You will LOVE this day. It's proper fun.