View Single Post
Old 28-01-2016, 10:09 AM
Platinum Member

Bump

Just sorted my breakdown cover (started to investigate things yesterday)

Thought i'd bump this thread from last year as I have/had the same problem with the old girl being 18 this year too

Gary@KM, He can't cover the older vehicles so be aware, I asked him first..... he's had the same problem with trying to get cover for his Evo

ADAC, this was my second choice (following reading this thread) they cover the driver (and partner if you choose) so your covered in any vehicle, which is great however, they would not commit to saying if they would repatriate my 18 year old car!! they said they would take for repair numerous times but no firm answer regarding repatriation you also CANNOT apply online as it does not recognise UK postcodes.... so you have to phone

AA, Asked the AA because its who Scotty (started the original thread) used for the last trip and they would cover the vehicle great I thought!! but they will not repatriate its recover and repair only... (newer vehicles should be fine) :edited to add: the AA will bring you home (provide tickets for travel) and will cover the fare for your return to collect your vehicle when its repaired.

Tried all the usual online comparison companies!! none of which would provide even a quote!! Car too old or registration number not recognised!!!

So have gone with single trip cover with (not the cheapest)RAC they WILL cover the old girl and they will cover repatrition (up to market value) of the vehicle......... (thats plenty to get the old girl(18) home if she breaks out in spots) the cover provided is also pretty good having read the documents... :edited: RAC did offer a cheaper alternative to the one I went for but repatriation was limited to £500 so you take your chance...:

I've paid for mine this morning so have cover ready and waiting for this years trip.

Hopefully it helps those of us with the more 'vintage' cars

Last edited by thepieman; 28-01-2016 at 10:37 AM. Reason: added :edited: bits