View Single Post
Old 17-03-2017, 09:59 PM
Regular User

Default MY2017 STI in blue

So as I mentioned in my newbs thread this one is a pure smiles per gallon machine.
Already someone managed to rearend me at the roundabout, it seems that reports from other Subaru owners are correct, this car has accident (or shall I say idiot) magnet fitted in the rear bumper.
As the car is under warranty I have not done anything to it, except ETS axelback exhaust and Cosworth Panel Filter. Filter brings that more distinct air inhalation sound, and ETS exhaust, well, it brings back rumble (and a lot of it) as the main feature of the car. Wing is the second thing people notice now

I'm going with blue/black/red color theme so visually mostly dechromed,
badges changed, taken away,
air vent grills swapped to piano black (not the centre console though),
burnt tips on exhaust,
vortex generator,
rain guard,
failing miserably with wheel nuts, stock ones are chrome, got myself Gorilla nuts, those things got scratched and started to rust, got mishimoto duraluminium ones, those got scratched even before putting them on with all the protections in place. Now got my eyes on some Project Kics two piece lug nuts, hopefully those work out.
Interior dome lights swapped to blue, license plate lights swapped to blue(waiting to get pulled over by police for that )
Boost gauge cover swapped to leather one with red stitching, looks the ********.

My to do list:
mudflaps (arrived)
front, side and back lip kit from HT Autos (arrived)
rear diffuser from HT Autos (arrived waiting to paint it blue)
Hella Horns (arrived)
New wheels (cannot decide which ones )
CF Seibon bonnet (looking to sell my kidney, one lung and remortgage the house to get one shipped from US )
Get some subispeed taillights and wire them somehow to fit for Type UK STI
Window tint
Might wrap the roof in black, though vortex generator would need to come off.
Need to find out how to wire (enable) DRLs at the bottom to work with C-Lights.
Also looking into sound proofing as well a little bit.

So yeah, plenty of things to do, not enough time and good weather to do it.
I'll try to update this thread with the progress.
Either way, bundles of joy