View Single Post
Old 13-06-2020, 11:13 PM
Bronze Member

As you say, even so, I cannot complain about the Prosport brand in the following instruments that I have have given me excellent results:

* oil pressure (electrical)
* water temperature (electrical)

In these two instruments of the prosport series EVO digital line I cannot say anything wrong, on the contrary.
The water temperature coincides with the ECU reading at a difference of 1 ° Celsius. Tested with a thermographic FLIR camera as well.
Then I compared the oil pressure with the reading of a mechanical workshop instrument that I use to work and it is exact.

Only on the Wideband instrument did I find that it is not very accurate. That if the reading frequency is very good, the response is fast. Use the BOSCH LSU 4.9 Sensor. The initial heating resistance of the instrument is also relatively fast in about 15/20 seconds it is ready to work.
What fails is in the reading of ranges below AFR 12/13 ... there the precision is relative. And it is not to be trusted.
I comment this to avoid perhaps that someone else happens and save money, and directly go to a brand of this type of more reliable instruments such as innovate or AEM. There are others like Autometer but the truth is that reading and winding features are expensive and do not have many features than others.
In fact, as far as I could see, the highest reading range is owned by Innovate, which ranges from 7.25 / 7.50 to 22 AFR. Aem goes from 8 to 20.
The others only go from 10 to 20.