View Single Post
Old 06-08-2021, 06:28 AM
Bronze Member

Default Gear oil to 5 speed Ty754....

Has anyone tried the use of Honda MTF manual gearbox oil? I have the ability to put that in my gearbox. I am aware that Subaru recommends an API Gl 5 with a density of 75w90 as well as the old boxes do not like 100% synthetic oils. So looking for a bit, say that the Honda Genuine Manual Transmission Fluid is a semi-synthetic oil and at least in the Honda manual gearboxes that I have driven, the feeling of the changes is very good. I hope your comments or recommendation. I must do a total fluid change and hence I am consulting. I currently have motul motyl gear 75w90 Semi-Synt but the truth is that it is not very comfortable and the sensation of passage of the changes I think could be better.

when servicing a Honda vehicle that I own. I have noticed that the fluid is slightly less dense (75w80 i think) than the 75w90 I have used. I would estimate that when cold this should give a lighter and more comfortable gear passage. but hey, this is a presumption of mine and I prefer to consult before whoever has done tests or can recommend another way.

Last edited by viper1982; 14-08-2021 at 12:19 PM.