View Single Post
Old 16-01-2018, 01:10 PM
Formerly STIWR1

Well that was an interesting day. Tiptoed round the M25 didn't really test the brakes before I hit the track. Super wet day, water pooled in the garages as well so my feat were soaking. Interesting mix of cars, couple of other type R's, Clio's, Rx8's, Foc RS, 911 GT3, Turbo S, Arbarth 595, Pug 205 etc etc.

One or two off's - Type R into gravel as did a Caterham and the same Caterham hit the barrier as did an MR2. My friend had a few moments in his S2000. Not much grip and you had to take the wider line to get a faster corner. Some points there were streams coming across the track which sent you aquaplaning for a split second. Had some instruction which was good and his comments were around being 'braver' but I wasn't feeling the love in the wet. He said the thought the civic was well setup and had good power (probably says that to everyone). The car went well no dramas at all and felt rather good. I didn't come away thinking in need to change anything other than getting larger kahoonas. I found the seat quite supportive for standard. Much better then the M3 which you fell you have to hold yourself in a bit. Nice touch with the Civic you can get four wheels and tyres in the boot. Calliper and bakes felt good, no drama's.

Megan's were quick - but the Focus RS was one of the quicker cars in these conditions.

I think I will probably do another track day in it, hopefully the dry. Probably going to have to sell a car soon, but I think that's going to be the M3 as it's not really being used.