View Single Post
Old 28-01-2016, 09:52 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
Have been planning to visit Germany so seems sensibly to meet up with you guys.A few questions first.Would love to drive a circuit of the ring, but I don't have a "track" car and its impossible in France to get Track insurance. So is it possible to access the ring when its really quite and get in a slow lap. Will anyone else be running without track insurance.Failing that could anyone take me as a passenger.I of course have no need for a ferry booking,but could possibly meet up with you all on route.Finally a massive thanks to BIG "E" for all the work he must have put in the get this trip organised.
Be great to have you along Terry will you be staying with us at Jackies?

1: you don't need a 'track' car, you'll be surprised at what you see going round

2: theres plenty of 'quiet spots' throughout the trip and you can drive as fast as 'you' want to......... you really just need to be aware of anything coming fast behind you, indicate right, keep right and give them plenty of room

2a: last time I went the ring was opened earlier than scheduled and the track was almost empty, it was like a private SES day fingers crossed for this year.

3: i'm sure you'll have no problem getting a passenger lap

4: I believe some do run without 'track insurance'?

5: Yep, massive thanks to Ian

Last edited by BIG"E"; 28-01-2016 at 04:28 PM.