View Single Post
Old 21-10-2012, 04:22 PM
Silver Member

Quick updates:

I've spoken with TimH and Charlie and both confirmed we can use Syvecs S8-S6 adapter loom which will be cheaper option than doing full custom loom,agreed full custom can be better option on longer run,we will see

I've spoke with my friend from USA,he using GM TH400 automatic gearbox on his Subaru for drag racing, which seems holding 700bhp without the problem,agreed we will loose the 4WD/AWD,but if wagon will be used mainly for drag this can be good option and price for GM TH400 is just around 1000USD,yes this will require some modification to the diff and propshaft etc.

Second option is to use ATi PowerGlide automatic gearbox which are mostly used too on V8 drag racing cars,spoken with one company which can make
belhousing/hub adapter,but again is will needs to be used different diff etc and again we will have only RWD,fun for sure

Last option is keep the PPG and use like is it,we are like the PPG and we are like the PPG ratios or to go with Hawkeye 6speed,this is probably mist popular option here,but still we are not decided yet

Jura