Thread: Ring Insurance
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2009, 06:48 PM
Bronze Member

Default Re: Ring Insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by doobydave
Quote:
Was this cover for a trackday or TF? There's a big difference, i.e. the important 3rd party part.
For TF.

Not entirely sure if the extended cover was definitely offered through Highway - was just assuming as if it was offered by a different company wouldn't that mean you were insured 3rd party by both? One who would seek to claim it back (Highway in this instance) and the new one?

Maybe they just take my money and gamble on me not crashing.....
I hear conflicting stories from Keith Michaels. When I spoke to Gary he said they wouldn't cover me on the Nordschleife. Maybe my age, being 25? But I would imagine with maybe 400 laps under my belt, I have more track knowledge than the average driver going over for a few laps.

If I wasn't insured and bent my car, well I'd have to swallow that but at least it's owned outright. It's the 3rd party part that is the issue. A mate of mine had a big accident a couple of weeks ago resulting in 2 bikers crashing into the armco on his oil, therefore he's liable for their injuries and damages (on top of track damage and circuit closure).