View Single Post
Old 26-04-2010, 08:54 AM
Regular User

Default 400bhp White rwd mint cossie with 65k

This week I had booked in my firends pride and joy, his mint sapphire cosworth with 65k on the clock running 400bhp.

He has owned the car for 3 and a bit years now and hardly ever drives it just for shows etc, which he is going to this weekend.

The car was already very tidy and always waxed and keep tip top just needed a good polish to cut back the oxidasion and remove the light swirls and to take the edge off some deeper RDS.

The car on arrival was already pretty clean so just a quick foam and wash, then out with the polyclay to remove and contamination and the previous protection.

Then on with the taping up and taking paint readings, pretty god alround with 130+ microns, the bonnet had fresh paint on it 4 yrs ago as it was a new bonnet this had been flatterned and had some bad sanding marks, which I improved greatly some still remained but 90% better.

Machining was done with 3m fc+ on a elite car care cutting pad then refined using menz ff on a red elite car care finishing pad.

Some 50/50 shots, hard to tell as the condition was already very good..

Rear Qtr polished....

Once all the polishing was finished the car was given a thorough IPA wipedown.

The car was then given 2 coats of Dodo Juice Banana armour over 2 days and then finished with a Z8 wipedown, glass cleaned, exhaust polished, wheels sealed and tyres dressed.

Finished shots.

some outside shots.

My dream car and its the first 1 i've worked on

Thanks for looking
Paul