View Single Post
Old 06-04-2018, 08:14 AM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

You should be running a Z4 ECU which is rated at 260ps and runs 12.7psi.
This is the 2nd best ECU for the early WRX and certainly the most common from the Sept 1994-1996 era.
The slightly better 6K ECU from the STi 2 of 1995/1996 runs 13.64psi and is mapped identical to the UK Prodrive upgrade of that era.

The early ECU do have a socket/location inside for an upgrade (the STi V1 and STi RA use this). Into this you can plug either :
1. A 27C1028 chip,
2. A ScoobyECU adaptor running
3. A ESL V1 board
4. A ESL V2 board (live mappable)

On standard injectors, map sensor and intercooler these chips/adaptors can set the car up to run a safe 16.11psi.

I used to develop and sell 3 of the above. Items 1, 2 and 4.
The ESL V2 can be live mapped and also allows you to run larger injectors, later map sensor etc.....

You may be able to pick up 2nd hand if you search for scoobyecu, 27C1028 etc....

I probably sold 400+ but stopped selling them in 2009 mainly due to others jumping on the band wagon, copies of my maps appearing and prices being driven so low it wasn't worth the effort (I was HMRC registered so had to factor that into my time, effort, pricing strategy and impact on my main salary tax code)

If you Google me and polarperformance or scoobyecu there's plenty of info lying around the net.