View Single Post
Old 26-11-2020, 09:32 PM
'2 Spanners Qualified Technician' - If your job requires more then 1 spanner I'm your man !!!!!

Hi Terry,

I’ll let you know how I get on as I have just bought some Carpro quartz 3.0. After alot of research it was between this and GTechnic but they had a deal on this so I went for it. I think it was about £40 for a 30ml bottle and all the application bits.

So far I have resisted ceramic coats as I have so many different waxes and sealants in my garage that I enjoy using, I never felt the need for ceramic. But, the Porsche paint is soft, and marks really easily, even with all the care in the world whilst washing with prewashes, 2 buckets etc, it still marks. I am hoping a good ceramic will help it and make it easier to wash.

I’ve decided to put it on Sarah’s car first!. I want to see how it is to apply and how it behaves and what real world protection it gives compared to my regular sealants. If I like it, then I’ll do mine in the spring.

The key to it though is the preparation before its applied. It’s imperative that the car is fully decontaminated, Clayed and then polished to get the paint as good as possible before sealing it in. My Porsche had been ceramic coated using Williams paint protection by the dealer when I got it but it had some swirls sealed in, which bugged me so I machine compounded the coating off shortly after getting it.

Hope all is good with you both.

Steve

Last edited by Lucky; 26-11-2020 at 09:35 PM.