Thread: Ed's P1 Impreza
View Single Post
Old 30-05-2015, 07:41 AM
Regular User

Default Ed's P1 Impreza

September 2013

So on the 7th September I collected my long awaited first Subaru P1 No 390.

My cousin had owned it after purchasing in 2007 from Research Subaru @ Nuneaton. In the last 6 years it has only done 21k and to be honest in the last 2 year it's not even done 200 of them.

I'm led to believe the car has been through RCM at some point but would like to chase the leads on that.

I bought it with the intention to restore the car to its former glory, thus keeping the car standard and any upgrades being within manufacture options at time of purchase.

This car was crusty green when I collected it, which apart from the front splitter peeling looks great after a wash.

On the day of collection it had 77,777miles on the clock and my friend Craig carried out a service, changing the engine oil, cambelt and tensioners, water pump and modified oil pump.

I didn't want to spend too much on the car before finding out any underlining issues so since then I have been filling up on Shell V-Power and clocking up the miles.

The brakes came back after running them hard to free them up but require a overhaul which I am in the process of collecting the pieces. I have collected a Alcon Caliper kit from KrissyB with thanks to him and Paul. The discs have been skimmed and calipers may even get a fresh coat.

May go for the rear 2 pot conversion for the rears but unsure as trying to stay standard but safety first.

Pictures to follow I'm useless.

Current Plans:

Brakes Overhaul
Restore to original Spot lamps
Park up for winter
Refurbish Alloy wheels

Future Plans

Strip to bareshell and repaint
Powdercoat
Rebuild

The car has been in the garage and had the chance to take it out for a drive this morning. After which I dropped it for a local Valet and here are the results.

Didn't pick up till 3pm so starting to get dusk so bad light pictures. If dry tomorrow I'll try and take some more.

As for the paintwork of the car I really thought it would need a respray, but it looks good.

Sourced a genuine spotlights.

Enjoy: