View Single Post
Old 07-08-2021, 03:58 PM
Bronze Member

well, I was using the motul gear 300 75w90, it was fine, but after reading and seeing other people's experiences as you say, I have had problems due to this, I don't know if it is a matter of being too additive and slippery or something else. but anyway, I took it out and put a semi synthetic from the same brand, the motyl 75w90. It is going well but the truth is that there is something that does not convince me. The box is good, the vehicle has 53,000 km so I assume that these boxes are so medium hard, or that the oil that I am putting is not the ideal cocktail for my box, my next oil to try will be the one recommended by Scott, which is the Castrol syntrax 75w90, overall this is trial and error and evaluating experiences. After testing I plan to place my result here, perhaps it can be useful to someone else who is looking for information on this topic. I am not in favor of having oil mixtures or adding additives either. I think that is something that can make things worse and I consider it unnecessary if you already use a good base oil.