View Single Post
Old 20-08-2012, 01:14 AM
Silver Member

Little update:

On Saturday and Sunday we are been on the Santa Pod RWYB...
Wagon has been amazing,on some needs things to have look like is the high ACT(Air Charge Temperature) during the queueing,we are thinking to use water spray,which will be spraying direct on the FMIC core

As Latso(my brother) said,all been perfect,but still on the Toyo R888 we are managed put good times with lower terminal speed.

Now about the times,on the Saturday we are come there around 2pm and drive there has been awful,on M1 has been again congestion and we are queued for good 10 miles.

On the Santa pod has been Rotorstock which has been great,seen few nice modified RX7 and RX8,but still pretty disappointed with the times.

But seen there few real drag runs,like 6.8s/265mph Mazda 350z(Project Zed) and few oldschool Muscle cars,shame my camera battery died

But biggest surprise for us has been Honda Civic drag specials,which done low 10's on the every run,crazy

Now about the our attempts:

Everything has been ready on first drive and we are been ready,my brother went to drag strip and first time has been 12.5/115.07,not bad,my brother went again on the 3 runs and he done same times with 12.5

After he done few runs when come to pit and we are started to lower the tyre pressure to 20psi

My brother went again on the drag strip and he done again 5 runs and he did similar times and I've been little bit disappointed,on last attempt before he comes to pit he done again 11.9484/116.10,when seen this time and looked on the terminal speed,before on the road tyres he did almost same time with higher terminal speed

We are little bit rest and I've logged last runs and at 5pm my brother went again on the strip and he done 4runs,at this point I was thinking time will go down and we should will be only improving,but still times started go up and down,best time at this time has been just 12.1 and worse has been 12.9 when he bogged down

Again around the 17:30 we are went on the last 4 runs with our fiend Luke,he runs Audi S4 with NOS and he running 400bhp,not sure if its with NOS or without the NOS

His first run bigged down and time has been 12.9,next run has been little bit better with 12.5,on the third run,he did our personal best 11.8395/117.45mph and after that he did one more run and this time has been 11.9232/116.73mph

We are decided go home and we are been pretty happy with this time,here is video from our best run,more videos will be uploaded,just will need time to edit and mainly compress to lower size

On Sunday we are come there around the 11am and there has been big queue,we are come to pit and there has been again lots of cars and we are seen again there are few other events and we are know will be today not the best,plus ACT temps has been just crazy at queue and we are just pushed the wagon,he went on the track after lunchtime and he did his first time 12.5/116mph not the best,but we are think we will improve,but after my brother done again 5 runs,times has been almost same with one 12.1 and few low 12s,we are been not happy and mainly this day RWYB has been little bit more busy than other RWYB days and we are decide go home around at 4pm,my brother has have something to do...

Here is our best run,thanks Sean for GoPro HD :thumbsup:

Jura