View Single Post
Old 30-01-2017, 03:05 PM
Rest in peace Jodie.

Default My widebodied Impreza [Project WRZ - 22B look]

I bought this car in Dec 2004, my first Subaru.

As those of you that know me know, I drive / need an automatic.

This is fine if I want Yank Muscle, but as you are also, I am a SUBARU lover.

I have to say I never thought back when I was a lad that I would ever be able to own a Scooby. All the things you hear about them and their costs as an out sider etc, and the whole 'stay away from grey imports' thing.

So not really expecting to buy one I mooched around on auto trader / ebay motors for a bit, looking for a suitable Impreza and the costs.

There were prerequisites when I set out in search for my car, and at 24yrs old they they did not include turbo :

Had to be auto
Had to be blue
Had to be a saloon

Low and behold I found a UK spec Reddish Blue 2.0 AWD Auto GL in Bedfordshire for £3200 so after making insurance enquiries, my dad came with me to check it out.

If you've ever seen a standard GL with no spoiler, no bonnet scoop, and only hubcaps, you'd not be impressed

But I knew what to do to transform it - first, it would get new wheels, then a spoiler, a new bonnet, bumper and some side skirts.

What I changed to start with.

Wheels (Jan 2005 I think)
Spoiler
Bonnet
Front bumper > driving lamps.
Skirts
A decal or 3

Result:

Then, after a while I felt it was time to do a little more...

P555 *** registration
Removed rubbing stips from doors
Cheapish rally decal kit to see if I could live with it, or rather if the family / neighbours could.
Rally flaps
Prodrive p-wrc1 oz alloys

Result

Taken at a Surrey Scoobies meet. (Feb 2006 IIRC)

Then in 2007 I did long thought about interior upgrades with a little help from Chris and Oxted Trimming.

STi 8 seats

Door card Alcantara retrim

I also got the yellow SWRT decals replaced with high grade drop shadow versions by DS Graphics prior to the door cards being done.

In 2008

I got a 22b fiberglass bodykit unused but 2nd or 3rd hand, for a much reduced price, off a member from the Surrey Scoobies forum for £335, he decided against fitting it - needed to release some money. However he got it for a barry-bargain price off ebay.

Not keen about using the front wing extentions on this kit I got, they bond on to the standard wings and will look 22B esque, but not the same as the 22B front fiberglass full front wings HT autos now do. So I opted later to buy the latest design replica front wings and front bumper direct from HT Autos

With the deadline of McRae Gathering looming I decided to get the wide arch kit fitted *gulp*

Build gallery and write-up among the foot notes... HERE

Result:

Last edited by riiidaa; 30-01-2017 at 03:14 PM.