View Single Post
Old 21-06-2014, 04:51 PM
Regular User

Another update...

The car went in last month for some choice upgrades at Chevron Motorsport in Stafford, including replacement springs for the front ASTs (the old springs had become a little tatty). An urgent call came in after the car had been there a couple of days 'one of the front shocks is leaking, and the height-adjuster is seized. What do you want to do?'. Knowing Simon's reputation as one of the country's top Subaru suspension gurus, and deciding I couldn't wait for the repair from AST I went for broke and opted for Simon's full sprint setup. Fixed-rate Bilstein B14s have been supplemented with a more-or-less complete revision of the suspension components. Machined lower arms for more caster, camber/caster Perrin top mounts, improved bushings, new 24mm front ARB and more. All set up with a heavy 'sprint' bias, but tunable for street or track. In principle I'd have liked the adjustability of B16s, but the truth is I almost certainly don't need them, and they bring another variable into the equation. I can tune the balance of the car with the Perrin top mounts, ride height and the ARB settings if needs be, but for now I'm going to trust Simon's knowledge and try to learn what the car can do - on track. On the road it feels incredible, the huge amount it's holding in reserve is very clear

Last edited by Luke1000; 22-06-2014 at 07:21 AM.