View Single Post
Old 14-09-2009, 03:10 PM
worzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUBARMAN View Post
This would be an SES outing rather than a Squadron one. Worzel and I had discussed the possibility of just such an event after we proved that it could work at Southend. I think Southend airport seem more strict on vehicle movements and exhaust noise. All the Wagons are quiet you see. The XM655 lot seem more relaxed as the Vulcan is parked further away from operational goings-on.

The plane is mahoosive Steve and f***ing noisy at full chat!

When they do an engine run at Southend, they have to turn the aircraft round as the railway runs behind the plane and it would blow the train off the track if they gave it some wellie. Yesterday, you can see how much room they had to leave behind the plane. Cars were not even allowed to park in the parking area behind the barriers unless they were forward of the engines.

Better pass this idea over to Big E now...............
I think it would be a cracking thing to do.

As you said, we have spoken previously about doing this as an SES outing, but I would make SURE that we would get some good Wagon Squadron shots as a matter of priority. But seeing it's is more relaxed at this venue, I think we would have a better time window on the apron anyway.

That way we could hopefully arrange some individual shots as well as group shots. The good thing with doing the "Southend Recce" is we know what shots work well and wouldn't waste so much time in setting up this time and working things out "on the fly".

Brilliant work Keith

As I speak, Chocks is brewing some Special Ginger Beer for the occasion.

HURRAH, what what!