View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 05:19 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajf View Post
Says a lot about an area when the pub gets fly tipped in
I personal don't like the pub
I have only been once what with fly tipping in the car park and 2 unsupervised kids playing on the pool table tells you about the sort of people who drink in it
The two kids playing pool whose parents were sitting on the table beside the pool table?...

Sorry to hear you don't like the pub - I admit its certainly not an ideal location for everyone in Surrey - but the staff have been welcoming every time we've been down there, the prices don't keep fluctuating every time someone orders a drink and the food there doesn't take 2 days to arrive so its an improvement over The Fairmile already.

As for the "quality" of the clientele I think you'll be lucky to find a pub anywhere that doesn't have kids in it on a Sunday lunchtime, but I've not sensed any issues in the months we've been there thus far and, as far as I know, neither has anyone else whose been there: hence why the same members have continued to come back every month.

As Guy says, if no improvement is shown or if we feel the place is unsuitable for any reason then we won't hesitate to move elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowman
Take it they do grub
Yes indeed. Its a Hungry Horse pub, so the regular selection of pub grub!

http://www.hungryhorse.co.uk/our-menu/