Thread: Apexi FC power
View Single Post
Old 20-06-2015, 03:40 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer View Post
If your still running a MAF the PowerFC is the best ECU for a classic. They run better then stock off boost, can be mapped for 4 boost settings and as said above the hand controller is a useful meter/gauge.
I've been running and mapping mine on one since 2006.
Had thought of changing to a SimTek or Alcatek but there a lot more money and many people seem to have cruise, starting and cold-to-hot transition running issues. Probably due to running MAFless.

Fcon iirc requires wiring harness mods.
Hi there,

Yes I am still using MAF, again here in Thailand the Thais dont like using it, the FCON VPRO takes away the MAF which they prefer it that way...

Also Fuel is different out here as well... the highest rating fuel they get here is 95. They have alot of Ethanol based fuels such as gasohol, E20 and E85.. Ive been told E85 has a drastic cooling effect and you can tune more aggresive, however im hesistant to using it as Im not sure over a long term if it causes any engine damage.

At the minute im using normal 95 with octane booster which claims it takes it up to 98RON.. Any advice as to what the best fuel I should use with the fueling options I have out here?

Gasohol 10% ethonal 90% 95 petrol
E20 20% ethonal 80% 95 petrol

Cheers