View Single Post
Old 04-01-2017, 12:35 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_PPP View Post
I'd say one of the novice days at Brands is perfect for that. Its a short circuit so easy to learn, and there's run off areas/gravel in most of the places you might make a mistake (not all ) but compared to somewhere like Goodwood, its much safer.

MSV used to run novice sessions at 20 mins each for £25 in the evenings, but they don't seem to do that anymore. They only have one novice trackday listed on 23rd March but its £149 for a full day. If you went on a general trackday then you can get as cheap as £99 in January. Both of them could easily be wet though, which is why they're cheaper than summer days.

When you say one to one basis, I assume you mean with an instructor? You can do that at Brands but it obviously adds cost. You'll never get the circuit to yourself...
I think they've only got the first few months of dates up on the site at the moment: http://www.brandshatch.co.uk/trackda...33&submit.y=12

The evening events where you can do a taster session of half an hour will be in the summer when it's light later, so would expect to see them appear nearer the time.

For most Brands trackdays, especially the 'novice only' and 'road car only' events, they have instructors on hand to take you round and talk you round. IIRC when I did it it was only £25 for 20 mins or so and very useful for showing you the lines and braking points.

I'd be up for an SES trackday, especially at Brands since it's only just up the road from me