View Single Post
Old 02-10-2018, 10:13 PM
Bronze Member

Default A new family adventure

Hello all, didn't know where to post this, but should be OK here as part of it is to do with subaru.

As some of you know Ciaron (my son) has been doing very well in go karting.
Ciaron is in the junior academy at Bayford Meadows.

Ciaron is at the top of the leader board at the moment.

We where asked last year if Ciaron wanted to race professionally, but we needed our own kart to do that and at that time they where very expensive and was hard to find the right one, so we stopped looking and Ciaron carried on at the junior academy which they provide a hire kart.

So last week, I was looking on the bayford meadows site and I see a new post.
What I saw was something I'd been looking for last year so I email the guy out of interest.

It was the right Kart with the correct engine with very low hours and a trailer wow

I couldn't believe it 😁

The guy bought everything at top price, but when his son went to join the championship, he couldn't meet the weight requirements, so they couldn't take part and he lost interest.

We picked everything up last Thursday and myself, Cheryl and Ciaron started to strip down the kart and set everything up for Ciaron, so he can start to do some track days before he joins the championship.

We removed the engine, to change oil, air filter etc.
This part I like, we need this engine to be in the championship because its a 211cc subaru engine with a scooby air cooler.

The championship is the junior subaru championship.DSC_0544.jpgDSC_0542.jpgDSC_0546.jpgDSC_0541.jpeg

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk