View Single Post
Old 07-04-2020, 10:41 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

How large was your ECU query file that you downloaded from the ECU, and what format does it store it in.

I started creating some Def's in ECUEdit but I need to confirm I am using the correct files.
The files I have found (downloaded from my ECU 15 years ago) seem small, so I think it is just the front end and maps subset.

When I compare them to Ae802.bin files, that I must of acquired at some point, they are much smaller but clearly from the first 1/4 or so of the image.

What doesn't help me, is my downloads were from previously ECUTEK'd Ae802 ECU so the first 20 lines or so of code are very different to the Ae802.bin I have.
I can only assume that this is ECUTEK data/licencing information.

Map addressing appears the same because I have reproduced the Boost Map in ECU Edit using the Ae802.bin and this matches the Boost Map in my spreadsheet which is aligned with the ECUQuery download.

If you can confirm the above question it will help me confirm I am using the correct data. I had almost given up looking for these downloaded files, but found them hiding in a directory I just happened to view with no file extension hence why a .bin or .hex search failed to find them.

Oh! and next time I create a Definition in ECUEdit I must remember to hit the save button !!!!!!!!!!!!!