View Single Post
Old 16-02-2020, 03:42 PM
Regular User

Default Scooby newbie needs some advice.

Hi everyone I have just joined a couple of weeks ago and i knew it be soon I'd be on here asking for advice lol so any information I'm grateful.so here goes.

I got a xreg turbo 2000 wagon for very very very cheap, the only things it's got on it as I can see is a sti sp ecu,ppp y pipe all samco hoses bailey dump valve stainless from cat back.
I had the eml come on the other week and it was the maf as the air filter was covered in water,so I put original air box on and replaced the maf and the eml came off straight away but it gave me a misfire in low gears and when it hits 0.5bar it splatters and pops then it goes and hits 1bar but can feel the boost holding back.i looked at the vacuum pipes and found the boost solenoid wasnt connected,there is a vacuum pipe connected directly from the turbo to the actuator and no restrictor pill in there.so I put all the vacuum pipes back to standard and put a 1.2mm restrictor pill in and it boosted to nearly 2bar,I have changed the 02 sensor also as light came on again today.can these be mapped without using the boost solenoid and just wastegate and turbo.its confusing me and not sure what's going on.now there is no eml and it hits 0.5bar and misfires then goes to 1bar but when I come to a junction it cuts out now.Hellllllp.