View Single Post
Old 27-12-2018, 12:34 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper1982 View Post
Hi, I want to check for the Air Fuel meter values ​​of your Subarus impreza GC8. Currently I have the ECU AE800 and replace it with a Prodrive kit MY99 which is an AE801 (according to Ecuexplorer) which is more aggressive in Fuel and boost. The doubt arises that the AFR value is 10 at most 10.2 but generally in any journey it is maintained there. I do not know if that is good or it is too "Rich" I would like to tell me what values ​​are those that handle these ECUs that are original without any modification.
I have exhaust in 3 inches full decat. TD04 turbo, Higher volume Aftermarket IC Bar&plate. and raise the pressure of Boost by shrinking the Pill Restrictor to 120 to 115. Raising the pressure slightly not much more to avoid problems.
Original air BOX & Kyn panel filter. Silicone Y-Pipe Hoses, and silicone Inlet.
AFR may get into the 10's on full boost but should not be there all the time.
How are you measuring this ?
If you have a wideband lambda probe you should see oscillation between around 13.8 and 15 at idle and light cruise due to the ECU trying to control stoich at 14.7 AFR

Above around 3000 rpm and when you start to generate positive boost this AFR should stop oscillating around stoich and go to a more fixed value around 12.5 to 13. As you increase revs and boost the AFR should drop into the 11's and finally into the 10's.

Shanes plot above shows the effect of a WOT 3rd gear pull dropping the AFR from stoich to 10.5.

If you are seeing a constant AFR at idle and cruise I would suspect your cars lambda sensor is dead (not your wideband) and the ECU is running base target AFR.
I've seen this on my own with it sat at about 12.5 during idle/cruise.

Or if you are using a wideband probe it may need a free air calibration to be performed.