View Single Post
Old 08-05-2017, 07:39 PM
Gold Member

Default Think i may have finally settled...

The bmw was a smart reliable car, but the mechanic in me almost wanted it to break down so i had some thing to do, was brilliant if you wanted to do 150mph everywhere and nice to say i had owned one, but terrible on fuel on a run, or around town,and pretty boring, no real low end fun, needed its neck ringing to make it go, so after nearly 6 months of watching them, joining the usual forums, and hounding martin with daft questions! i took the plunge,drove two standard models with different trim levels and was really suprised at how nimble and fun they are for a rusty old ford! i went for top spec interior and extras, reverse camera sat nav etc, and also opted for one that had had some money spent on it, save me a little bit this time round! its true what people say 1st and 2nd gear may see you being overtaken by a milk float if you try and nail it, as it sits on the spot losing traction, but midrange with all the torque jesus it flys!! and the endless torque steer keeps you wide awake as it trys to change lanes by its self!! really is good fun holding on though if thats your sort of thing. iv already had it on the rollers for a health check and replaced cambelt as ford state 10 years or 125000 miles, wasnt going to risk it as it wasnt even half way there and didnt look to great!
i swapped out the k and N inbox filter for cosworth group A cone filter ( for some extra waste gate chatter) uprated fuel pump to AS 340l one, as the standard one was struggling a little, fitted a quick shift and new denso uprated plugs.. few pics and current spec for people who are interested.

Must be catching up with anger and bigemp by now surely..

it made 405/430 on the dyno so a nice allround figure.

Eibach lowering springs
EBC usr discs and yellow stuff pads
powerflex anti lift kit
powerflex (purple)torque mount
uprated torque mount
Airtec stage 2 intercooler
650 injectors
As racing plenum
Cosworth group A filter
AS quick shifter
Extreme organic clutch
AS 340l fuel pump
Mountune recirc valve
3" Milltek down pipe
200 cell sports cat
3" stainless Milltek non res system
Puma speed remap

Last edited by munk; 04-06-2017 at 08:49 AM.