View Single Post
Old 13-05-2017, 11:18 AM
'2 Spanners Qualified Technician' - If your job requires more then 1 spanner I'm your man !!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott.T View Post
15 mins after writing this on the way back to the office I had a flat grey focus come round the roundabout in front of me. I was convinced it was an ST I've seen about. But then spotted it had blue badges and a crackle on the upshift.
A lot of ST owners seem to be ordering in the RS colours and then going with the black wheels etc. I suppose in a way the WRX to STI syndrome!.

But, like the WRX to STI, the differences are huge in terms of mechanics, engine etc. I guess its hard for a manufacturer to make a huge difference cosmetically to two performance cars based on the same car. We have a couple of modded MK2 ST's near me that need a second look to differentiate between them and an RS. They even sound the same. Same goes for Golfs. Is it a GTI, GTD, GT line or an R?.

I've never driven a MK2 RS, but have driven a Mk3 ST and the difference between that and the MK3 RS is night and day.