View Single Post
Old 11-09-2008, 08:08 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

Default Re: Falken tyres - Your thoughts

Doing a bit of a search on s'net and found this :

ive just come back from the nurburgring in my 98 type r which had a new set of 452's fitted before i left.

Couldnt fault them in any way,grip,grip and more grip and i didnt have one scary moment with them.

The other 3 cars i went with were running toyo T1r's and i passed all 3 of them. One set of the toyos were knackered after 6 laps....for some reason all the tread blocks were very distorted resulting in some very strange tyre wear.
He will not be buying toyos again.

I would defo recommend FK452's on a scoob.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I run on 452's and can't fault them in the wet or the dry.

I"m on my third sent and can't say that they've given me any nasty moments. They give excellent feel right up to the edge and then they start to slide nicely. They don't just snap out on you like some bridegestones I've tried before and even avons.

They hang on really well in the wet and give pretty much the same experience. Lots of traction then a nice smooth slide which doesn't feel out of control if that makes sense. Again, they don't just snap out on you once you find the edge.

Really can't recommend them highly enough. Give em a go. For the money, I reckon they're un beatable.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
as above i totally agree with joekont ....best tyre for the money and many ppl rate them better than the t1r's.
T1R's are supposed to have a sudden breakaway but the falkens dont...as above a nice slow progressive and totally controlable slide.

A lot of skyline and evo owners love them too so that must say something about them

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"2005.5 Audi A4 Quattro - 235/40/18 - The tires are smooth and quiet. They have a nice design. They're great in dry and wet conditions. I've put about 1000 miles on them. Just recently attended a track day. I put 50 laps at Laguna Seca on them. A few of the track sessions were plagued by rain or wet track. That didn't diminish the grip as much as I thought it would. Very predictable and never gave up. I've done about 10 track days in various cars, supercharged cts-v, vw gti, and audi. All with different tires like michelin, falken, yokohama, goodyear, and so on. I can safely say you won't regret getting these falkens. Everyone I've referred to this tire has thanked me after."