View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 09:00 PM
Platinum Member

Default Inlet mani refurb and hose.

Here's a few pics of how the job is going so far

Manifold off and in a sorry state, so flaky and all the silver you can see is where the original paint just fell off from holding it.

After a good wash and a scrub with some nitromors. Took a fair few hours to get it all off.

Took the mani to work for priming with VHT paint. Put in some random bolts from stores to protect the threads.

It was then brought home and left for a day to dry properly, then painted with the crackle red. This paint gets everywhere and a mask is recommended as it feels horrible with over spray up your nose!!!!
The red crackle paint is very tricky to use and awkward to get everywhere on a manifold evenly. Drys very Matt but takes a long time for the crackle effect to show.

And as it stands tonight with the new japspeed inlet hose which is huge compared to the OE one. A tight fit and a few smaller exit pipes needed trimming down as they were to Long but it was a very easy job. The only other thing I had to do was alter a metal pipe bracket underneath as it fouled on the new inlet but again this was an easy mod with a little dremel.

I still think the largest entry part of the Intake hose needs to be cut back but I will wait till its all back in near the end of the week and mod as required. A new Stanley blade gives a very clean sharp cut.

Last edited by majorscooby; 05-06-2013 at 09:04 PM.