View Single Post
Old 16-06-2013, 12:42 PM
Bronze Member (formerly Red Devil)

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorscooby View Post
Cheers guys. It's really not that hard just a little time consuming and you get a little back ache from leaning over the engine bay. The red crackle spray is pretty good but goes everywhere so dont spray it in your comservatory!!! and as somebody has said to me the quality of finish is all in the prep, so it's worth taking your time.

I replaced the inlet to engine gaskets with subaru genuine oe but you can get 10mm thermal spacers if you worried about inlet temps ( i wasnt ) i made a throttle body to inlet gasket with some good quality gasket paper of the same thickness and a scalpel.

The best tip I can give if your going to attempt it is label a few of the fuel lines for reconnection as there are a few close together and take plenty of pics on your phone for reference when putting back together. Other than that its not to bad a job just a little fiddly.
Thankyou. When i feel confident enough ill attempt it. And ill make sure I take photos and ill keep everyone updated when i get round to it