Thread: My new 2016 STI
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2017, 09:06 AM
Formerly Taomyn

So it's finally 10,000km time - boy did that go quick, and probably the most distance I've done in one year for a very very long time. Well......it's an STI.

Last week I finally could revert back to the summer wheels and tyres - the winters were great for grip, performance, comfort but were extremely noisy. I'd rather have the slightly harder ride of the summer's than the noise.

I still love the car, that is when I get to drive it - it's not a daily driver as it makes no sense when the bus to work is far more economical, though I make sure to drive to work mid-week, then of course when I can at the weekends.

I'm not planning any further modifications, though as and when I see minor things I can improve I will do so, for example I have a replacement fuse-box over as the one below/to the side of the steering wheel isn't a coin-box. For some inexplicable reason Subaru didn't fit them and it's a costly part for something so small. So I'm getting a much cheaper Chinese knock-off which I hope will do the job. I'm also getting a tray that fits inside the arm-rest to make better use of the space and some seat space fillers as I keep dropping things down beside the seat/handbrake and it's getting on my nerves - they're quite narrow and not easy to reach down when driving.