View Single Post
Old 01-04-2009, 11:16 AM
It Tick's All His Boxes.....or Scratches Another Itch.

Default Re: Rolling road day 14th March 2009

Have owned many a scoob and several M3's as most know. They are like chalk and cheese, but down the same 'A' road I would admit, the scoob would have it, but that's because of my lack of driver skill and bottle not the car. But in the right hands It would be a very close race IMO. But hyperthetically speaking I would have got a much greater adrenalin rush from the M3, because I would feel like I had been driving right on the limit of traction/handling and probably some sideways action along the way. Where as the scoob would do it with much more ease.!

Interestingly I firmly believe in the same hypotetical race, a non modded UK scoob with just 225bhp and its tiny TD04, would be just as quick point to point as a laggy higher powered scoob down a twisty 'A' road. The spool on a standard TD04 UK scoob is such a joy.!

I could be proved wrong but the ring is a track that really lends itself to cars that can really punch it above 100mph. Its a very,very fast track and the M3's come into there own at silly speeds. My car is delimited and has run 165mph on a superchips dyno, and a delimited E46 M3 can push 180MPH as proved by a mate of mine down an airstrip.

Unfortunately I can't make the ring as I'm off to le-man around that time. But my advice would be careful how you go, I'm sure you have all seen the you tube footage and I have done many a lap on the Xbox. Its a very,very fast track with little run off and not much kitty litter. If you slide it, you will crash and you will likely write off your car and possibly yourself. -