View Single Post
Old 03-05-2015, 09:24 AM
Bronze Member

So then. Electrical gremlins are a real pig. But ever cloud has a silver lining. As you know the car is fitted it an AlcaTek ECU. I have been trying to get them to talk to me about making some changes to the ecu for absolutely months. Eventually I decided to not have any changes made to the ecu and just buy a proper one buy in the mean time just get it mapped for the current mods. Anyway reinstalling the loom and engine this time has unearthed an underlying electrical issue. It's started with sensor ground wires carrying 8volt live feeds. Which I traced back into the loom then the ecu. Once that was sorted other singles appeared to be incorrect. The loom that had seen far better days before I had even got into looking for the faults. After finding bare wires, doggy taped up and crimped connections I was time to start fresh. Given the lack of contact and lack of support from AlcaTek I decided that if I was building a new loom it wouldn't be for that ecu. So I bought this instead

Nice Syvecs S6

Few other little bits got done whilst I was waiting for the Syvecs. Bonnet is now finished and ready for paint

Finally got around to painting and fitting the STI 6 spoiler. I was hoping to paint the front bumper today but the weather is looking a bit bad.

Also got all the water system back in the bay and thought I'd treat the turbo to a cozy blanket

All the bits for the loom are ordered. Hopefully all be with me next week and I can look towards actually driving the old girl