Thread: whats the plan
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 04:51 PM
'2 Spanners Qualified Technician' - If your job requires more then 1 spanner I'm your man !!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonner View Post
Hi all im a weekly cleaner il even wash when its rainin! i normally wash dry clay then polish would wax but it takes a days work to prep for wax! Just wondered i was told to wadh again after using clay is this right?? also whos good with a mop?? need to get my motor glossy! has the usall scratches and they wont come out also an evil scatch on the roof looks like some ones scraped poo off with there finger nails! tried meg's compound tcut ect no joy! would mop it myself but dont fancie muckin it up! knowin my luck il burn the paint

Wash once a week is fine, but if you are claying once a week that is too much. You are running the risk of inflicting more damage to the paint. I used to clay once every six months maximum, that way it was enough to keep the paint good. Remember the clay will strip any protection off, so you are starting again. Also, if you are polishing, then a wax/sealant is a must.

My advice, not that i am an expert!!, would be to wash it, clay it, wash it again, polish, wax, and then in subsequent washes, just either top up the wax or get something like meguirs detailer which you can do in half an hour tops and it will bring the shine back and help protect. If you get a liquid wax/sealant such as blackfire etc its easier to apply than the polish. The polishing part is usually the hard bit.

Over a few months you will notice it getting a nice glossy finish with a few coats of wax. The scratches will need a machine polish providing that are not to deep.

Have a look on here, there are some good guides on cleaning.

www.polishedbliss.co.uk

Last edited by Lucky; 10-12-2012 at 04:58 PM.