View Single Post
Old 26-09-2018, 09:13 AM
Regular User

Default Heater on Engine temp Goes Up

I've had a good search all over the net and would just like to check what you guys think before changing parts ect!

My car is running sweet AF, always over serviced cambelt up to date ect.
Amongst other things in the past 6 months had new header tank new radiator, new top and bottom hose.
The engine temp stays perfectly just below the halfway mark regardless of driving conditions, I use the m25 most days so it does sit in looooong traffic jams no problem at all! And since the new radiator loses no coolant what so ever and sits perfectly on the MAX line.

BUT

Since its started getting colder out and for the first time in ages I put my heater on and nothing but cold air came out despite being up to temp.
I had already hurt my back that morning so thought that's **** and **** my life, as you do!
Anyway turned heater off and didn't try again till 40 miles into the journey put heater on still no warm air but noticed when I put the heater on the engine temp went right up and fast quickly started mashing buttons on the heater dial changing heat settings from window to feet back to window and then all of a sudden heat started coming out the blowers and the engine temp went back to normal.

This seems to be intermittent issue and doesn't happen all the time.

I've read all sorts from air lock, heater matrix, thermostat to head gasket failure...

Any brains on here that offer any advice? Thanks!