View Single Post
Old 09-09-2013, 09:10 PM
Silver Member

Updates:

OK think is time to update thread:boggle:

Has been few weeks when we are took our wagon to Neil for check up and inspection and resolving the issue of the restriction

This restriction at first place has caused Up pipe,which has been only 1.7" wide(inside has been some sort of the Venturi) and looks like this Up pipe has been modified in past previous owner,which is very disappointing

Here are words of the Neil:

Quote:
As a result i believe its creating back pressure causing the cylinder temps to rise, this will be much more apparent on the current cams as the lift will allow hot gases back into the cylinder more so. At low boost it’s better as back pressure is low, once boost rises back pressure builds resulting in power reduction. We can clearly see a wash mark where the exhaust gases are missing part of the waste gate routing.
When I've spoke with Neil as first time,he thinks our timing is not correct,but Neil check the cambelt timing and timing has been correct,

Neil has remade Up pipe to original spec at first place and plus our headers started to blow,which Neil again has repaired

When I've seen this and how this has been made up and botched,Neil has been unhappy with this at first place like we are,wish we are rather bring the Rotated kit unwrapped and Neil will check the kit

I've spoke few times with Neil in more details about this and Neil recommend us using adjustable exhaust pulleys,we are bought CDF AVCS Adjustable Exhaust Pulleys which Neil will adjust to correct position

Our cams has been in retarded position(think one side has been in -5 and one side has been in -7),but now Neil has adjusted them to correct position

Chris@CDF has first time sent us incorrect pulleys which has been not for our engine and Chris at least has have them in stock

Everything has been almost ready for last week,but we are decided go with RCM rotated kit,with which we should go at first place,as many people said,those kits are best,agree they cost,but at least fitting will be correct and we will be not limited again or have problems

New updates we will be have this week and hopefully wagon will be ready this week and wagon will be mapped too this week

Few things has happens too on home front,which everything changing

Thanks for reading

Jura