View Single Post
Old 24-06-2016, 09:34 PM
Bronze Member

Tough one this. I too was on the fence so kept my vote, there are clearly pro's and con's to both sides but we won't know if the right decision was made for quite some time.

Part of me is still a little skeptical it will actually go ahead. There is a chance that we rush and envoke article 50 though. Once we push that button I doubt we can go back. I think Europe is more shocked than we are too, they batted aside the threats during the previous negotiations and I doubt they believed this day would come. Whatever happens it certainly will be interesting, there are so many potential outcomes you could spend all day pondering and listing but bizarrely I don't think any stand out as being the most likely yet, all we have is uncertainty at the moment.

I don't think the markets today were truly representative, apart from showing how panicked this has got everyone and they shud stabilise over time, although anythings possible.

Quite surprised that so many jumped straight on the bandwagon for a referendum. I thought they might wait and see how this panned out before they stuck their own necks out. It kind of makes sense tho... rats and sinking ships an all.

I just hope for the sake of my children and the younger generation who had no voice in this, that it wasn't a really bad call by a lot of bitter (and rightly so in a lot of cases) people from older generations. Sometimes something drastic has to happen for people to sit up an take notice. Fingers crossed this works out for everyone in the long run... Europe too!

On a side note... I may get slaughtered for saying this... but is anyone else a little intrigued by the prospect of Boris being PM? I know I shouldn't be but I find it a fascinating although slightly scary prospect!