View Single Post
Old 23-04-2014, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danwrx View Post
Hi sorry for the stupid question and the lights look great, I want to do the same with my bug but I'm thinking that I'm going to need special bulbs as if I'm going to be spraying the orange black then the indicators are going to be clear and if I buy orange bulbs then that's sort of defeating the object, am I wrong?? Sorry again if that's a stupid question lol.
I didn't spray any orange black, there is a proper chromed reflector behind the orange overlay on a blob. With the bulbs its very easy to give orange ones a quick over mist of silver spray, they are still very bright and orange afterwards when they are used. I would not spray a reflector black at all. have a look on the net for a guide to doing it to a bug.. I'm sure one or two others have done this on this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Baron View Post
Ideally you need a chrome reflector behind the indicator and then use silvertech bulbs like I have in the crystal indicators on my classic. Never seen it done on a Bug before so don't know if it's possible, I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will be along in a minute.

Shane
The Silvertech bulbs are expensive though!

Mapped and maintained by FBTuning 07595 493581.

Last edited by Ginola; 23-04-2014 at 05:10 PM.