South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > General Car / Scooby Chat

General Car / Scooby Chat General chat, car related. Threads posted in here may well be re-directed to a more relevant home.

Old 04-02-2014, 09:02 PM
Bronze Member

Default Re-map Friday

Hello all,

Well that's the exhaust done, noticed a bit of hesitation between 2 and 3k rpm, done some research on this and it seams to be the rubbish map they put on the car at build. So race dynamix is going to fast road map on Friday and hopefully should get rid of the hesitation. Can expect between 335- 345 bhp and torque upto around 370.

I have since I brought the car religiously checked the oil and coolant and it's all spot on so hesitation not down to ringland ( he says confidently)
Old 04-02-2014, 09:07 PM
Silver Member

Good luck mate, let us know how it goes, just out of interest and hope you don't mind me asking but how much is the map costing mate? Was speaking to someone on here the other day and was suprised at how cheap the road maps are compared to maps on the rolling road, and I understand race dynamix don't use ecu tek license or something like that so it's a little bit cheaper
Old 04-02-2014, 09:12 PM
Bronze Member

Cheers dan,

He does two types - fast road where he comes to you (distance I would think affects the price) or rolling road and then for a drive after, he has lots of RR's he uses. It's £350 for my fast road map, can't wait to see the difference. I can't answer the licsense question Dan, I chose him because of reputation.

Oh and he is based in Bournemouth, not to far from you
Old 04-02-2014, 09:24 PM
Platinum Member

Remap will make a huge difference and make the 2.5 a bit safer
Old 04-02-2014, 09:30 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hongkongfooi View Post
Remap will make a huge difference and make the 2.5 a bit safer
That's what the mapper told me as well mate, so fingers crossed. Will let you know how it goes
Old 04-02-2014, 09:49 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

Make sure they sort out the knock correction ranges.
I've not seen the Saloon version/map but the early hatch had a terrible knock correction range which was as good as useless.
Old 04-02-2014, 09:57 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer View Post
I've not seen the Saloon version/map but the early hatch had a terrible knock correction range which was as good as useless.
I will ask my mapper to look for that cheers
Old 04-02-2014, 11:03 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigh221 View Post
Cheers dan,

He does two types - fast road where he comes to you (distance I would think affects the price) or rolling road and then for a drive after, he has lots of RR's he uses. It's £350 for my fast road map, can't wait to see the difference. I can't answer the licsense question Dan, I chose him because of reputation.

Oh and he is based in Bournemouth, not to far from you
Cheers Neil,
I'm sure you'll be happy with the results mate, thanks for the info, I'm looking at getting mine mapped very soon so will probably use race dynamix and enjoy the nice drive back home
Old 04-02-2014, 11:07 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danwrx View Post
Cheers Neil,
I'm sure you'll be happy with the results mate, thanks for the info, I'm looking at getting mine mapped very soon so will probably use race dynamix and enjoy the nice drive back home
No worries mate
Old 05-02-2014, 07:07 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer View Post
I don't believe the salon suffers in the same way, nor do later hatches.

The 2008 map did appear problematic, but there were no saloons at that point. Didn't Subaru release an update for the early hatches?
Old 06-02-2014, 01:39 PM
Rest in peace Simon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banstead Stig View Post
I don't believe the salon suffers in the same way, nor do later hatches.

The 2008 map did appear problematic, but there were no saloons at that point. Didn't Subaru release an update for the early hatches?
Errrm yes they do. Identical weak rubbish pistons. Less saloons and they are younger so less spoken about. All you can do within the map is try and protect the pistons but they are still weak.

Simon

www.JollyGreenMonster.co.uk

Please follow of Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jolly-...26125404073166
Old 06-02-2014, 02:28 PM
Formerly STIWR1

My WR1's being mapped tomorrow as well by RaceDynamix - very excited to see what it's like when I get it back!
Old 06-02-2014, 02:46 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by STIWR1 View Post
My WR1's being mapped tomorrow as well by RaceDynamix - very excited to see what it's like when I get it back!
Are you having RR map or fast road map mate?
Old 06-02-2014, 11:20 PM
Rest in peace Jodie.

Guys a WARNING as well as an odd request.

IF after leaving Longcross tomorrow you will be heading the B386 toward the m25, be careful you don't hit a sunken / missing drain cover near the kerb, like i did on wednesday when manoeuvring round some standing water and and back inward to avoid oncoming lorry. Destroyed two nearside tyres comprehensively.

IF you spot the offending bastard and you have a few minutes spare (and you feel like being a brilliant person), i'd love a photo and pinpoint location, i think it was in the golf course section but honestly not gonna swear to that. Please only stop if it is safe to do so, and if taking a photo be on the pavement please.

Wish i had a gps dashcam for that nightmare event now.
Old 08-02-2014, 11:13 PM
Rest in peace Jodie.

bigh221 how did it go??
Old 09-02-2014, 09:03 AM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by riiidaa View Post
bigh221 how did it go??
Not to good mate, Duncan couldn't get the software connected to the ECU, looks like he will have to come back with ECUTEK and try that. He has done loads of 08/09 hatches with standard ECU's and the software went on no problem. The only thing he thinks might have happened is the car may have been previously mapped and the ECU locked to that software, but there is no supporting paperwork with the cars documents which is strange as most subaru owners I know would definetly include that as a selling point. So waiting for Duncan to get back to me.

Further update inbound
Old 09-02-2014, 09:25 AM
Platinum Member

You could always use simon jgm who is a ecutec dealer rather than some one who isn't .
Old 09-02-2014, 10:08 AM
Bronze Member

Yeah I get what your saying there, Duncan charges £550 for the ECUTEK, and JGM £550 they both do the same job regarding the mapping, and both have good reputations.

Last edited by bigh221; 09-02-2014 at 10:15 AM.
Old 09-02-2014, 10:19 AM
Platinum Member

Not at all one pays to be a ecutec dealer the other has been refused a dealership and has found a back door .
One has more experience and I'd put money on a better drive .
It's your car , but for the price of a tank of fuel if I was in your shoes I know where I'd be going for mapping and on ethical grounds .
It's a bit like you getting a non gas safe registered person to install a gas appliance !
Old 09-02-2014, 10:24 AM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. J. View Post
Not at all one pays to be a ecutec dealer the other has been refused a dealership and has found a back door .
One has more experience and I'd put money on a better drive .
It's your car , but for the price of a tank of fuel if I was in your shoes I know where I'd be going for mapping and on ethical grounds .
It's a bit like you getting a non gas safe registered person to install a gas appliance !
That's taken on board, I don't want to get into a battle of mappers on an open forum, I done my research beforehand, granted you may have more knowledge than me, having never had any of my Subaru's mapped before.

I will check out the options
Old 10-02-2014, 07:44 PM
Rest in peace Simon.

Done numerous saloons with no issue.. ?

but yes with Ecutek as I still feel it is a proper commercial tool designed for remapping professionally.

Simon

www.JollyGreenMonster.co.uk

Please follow of Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jolly-...26125404073166
Old 10-02-2014, 08:11 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Green Monster View Post
Errrm yes they do. Identical weak rubbish pistons. Less saloons and they are younger so less spoken about. All you can do within the map is try and protect the pistons but they are still weak.

Simon
Only just seen this.

I think we're talking at crossed purposes. I didn't comment on the pistons, rather what I thought Subaru had acknowledged was a problem with the 2008 stock map.

As you have said, within the map you try to protect the pistons. I had understood the later hatch and saloon standard maps did a better job of that than the 2008 map. That was the extent of my comment.Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Tags
remap srr