South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > General Car / Scooby Chat

General Car / Scooby Chat General chat, car related. Threads posted in here may well be re-directed to a more relevant home.

Old 25-10-2013, 08:31 AM
Silver Member

Default Parking charge notice

I have just received a parking charge notice £75 in 14 days or £100 later from when I Allegedly stop in a car park in Wallington to look for a address for about 10mins, there was signs up but I did not even get out. It,s form Civil Enforcement Ltd ( www.ce-service.co.uk) and Looks a bit Mickey Mouse so dose any one know if Legally they can chase the fine or just hoping people pay because it looks Legal. The standard looking form says there have photographic evidence ( not seen it ) and if I do not pay in 28 days may result in forwarding to a debt recovery agency.I just think it is a scam but what do you think.
Old 25-10-2013, 10:31 AM
Silver Member

Can you post a pic of the ticket, I got one once from lewes train station from meteor and according to watchdog should be ignored. So that's what I did got 2 or 3 letters threatening debt recovery which is exactly what they said and from the people they said it would be from and threatning court but nothing came of it. There are 2 different types of 'notice' I need to see it to advise. DO NOT REPLY YET!
Old 25-10-2013, 04:59 PM
Silver Member

This is it and blank on the back.

Old 25-10-2013, 05:54 PM

I jag got one from meteor yesterday, what grounds did watchdog say it should be ignored?
Old 25-10-2013, 06:47 PM
Gold Member

If its not a council issued one, just Bin it, and ignor the next 2 letters too.

They cant do anything, they rely on people thinking " ah crap, and just paying it " to make some money.
Old 25-10-2013, 08:37 PM
Silver Member

Have a look at these

http://youtu.be/XAIcdi9niHA

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=1695161
Old 25-10-2013, 10:03 PM
Silver Member

I would show that to the police. surely it breaks some kind of law ?
Old 27-10-2013, 06:46 PM
Platinum Member

Interesting article in the MOS today(financial section) about parking tickets and what to do, also they talk about private companies and in agreement whats already been said here. Might be worth trying to get a back copy or check online?
Old 27-10-2013, 06:59 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy-m View Post
I would show that to the police. surely it breaks some kind of law ?
Doubt they could help....it's a private car park? If so Civil debt. Were there signs up in car park etc?
Old 28-10-2013, 05:49 AM
Platinum Member

It's a church carpark and it says private on the gate in and then signs up all around the carpark, it's my local church and I went to the school