South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > General Car / Scooby Chat

General Car / Scooby Chat General chat, car related. Threads posted in here may well be re-directed to a more relevant home.

Old 28-07-2009, 10:29 PM
Gold Member

Default Afgan or not?

Had a network engineer in today who turned out to be a ex-army telecoms officer, helped build and design the rapier missle systems. So after a little chit chat, I asked him a very direct qustion.

Should we be in Afgan?

Without even hesitation, a very clear and resounding No. And without even asking, he then went on the explain how woafully under equiped we are. He told me how he served in the Falklands, Gulf 1 ( as they refer to it ) and lots of others that I hadnt actually heard of, and said that they were basicly using the same gear they had in the 80's....
Old 28-07-2009, 10:40 PM
Silver Member

Default Re: Afgan or not?

And now the government and the mod want to cut the compensation of our brave solders when they come home injured
Old 29-07-2009, 10:48 AM
Silver Member

Pull them all out and nuke the place job done.
Old 29-07-2009, 12:18 PM
worzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Wez
Old 29-07-2009, 02:03 PM
Bronze Member

Bring them all home, put them on our streets and lets get the Great put back into Great Britain. Lets see the hoodie gang scum acting tough when a tank comes round the corner!!!
Old 29-07-2009, 02:21 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by worzel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Wez

I think they should all stay in and nuke the place - the Houses of Parliament that is....

Our guys over there are cannon fodder really. Expendable - just as long as the Politicians get their fingers in as many pies as possible. Greedy f'$%king fat b@$t@rd$.

But it's our own fault - England is the only country in Europe (I think) that has never had a revolution. We're kept as close to it as we could be, but we never grow enough balls and demand change.
Old 29-07-2009, 02:36 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2pac
Bring them all home, put them on our streets and lets get the Great put back into Great Britain. Lets see the hoodie gang scum acting tough when a tank comes round the corner!!!
Old 29-07-2009, 04:13 PM
worzel

Lots of agreements going on here!

Group hug anyone
Old 29-07-2009, 04:17 PM
Bronze Member

NOT JUST HERE THO IS IT, ITS PRACTICALLY THE WHOLE COUNTRY!!

woops, sorry for shouting!!
Old 29-07-2009, 04:19 PM
worzel

That'll be a BIG old group hug then
Old 29-07-2009, 04:24 PM
Bronze Member

could be a record hug!! we could get the country back on track at the same time as having the worlds biggest hug!!

Was at the gym yesterday training for a 10k run feeling sorry for myself on the treadmill when sky went over for live coverage of the 4 soldiers funeral parade thru the town, certainly stopped me feeling sorry for myself, felt very sad but imense proudness watching it, BUT do not want to have to see it anymore.
Bring them home NOW!!
Old 30-07-2009, 12:37 PM
Platinum Member

I have family that have worked in the MOD (science & aviation) and then (national intel) all there working life and I think you will find it was not "our" choice to become involved with Iraq or the Afgan affair. It was more on the lines of the US asking for our help.

The US have never been invaded (other than the 911 issue) and they have NEVER won any conflict they have been involved in. Whereby we have very rarely lost a war hence owning half the planet at one stage.
Old 31-07-2009, 09:26 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullfudge

The US have never been invaded (other than the 911 issue) and they have NEVER won any conflict they have been involved in.
I think they did quite well in the civil war. And does the second world war not count?
Old 31-07-2009, 09:40 PM
Gold Member

Didnt they fight themselves in the civil war? And second world war? All the films depict them comming over to blighty, and winning it for us...thats not how it happened.

Then there's the biggest act of terrorism ever..the 2 atomic bombs.
Old 31-07-2009, 09:45 PM
Silver Member

The 2 atomic bombs ended the war early thus saving even more lives
Old 01-08-2009, 09:56 PM
Platinum Member

Mikkers as Mortster mentioned the Civil war was against themselves and ok they were on the "winning side" of WW11 but they have never won a conflict with anyone.
They are also the only nation to use all form of weapons.

They took all the glory in Iraq, while we had special units in Iraq 7 months before it kicked off. We also carried out all initial bombing raids (low level night flying ) locking bombs onto all the receivers that special units had placed. Our units were positioned the minute our intel knew something was going on. There covers included motorbike mechanics, telecom engineers and many other trades, all positioned in small towns and scattered over a huge area in Iraq. By night they were planting the receivers in readiness of the night bombing.

The yanks declared to the world media that "Dessert Storm" has started where in reality it was over 7 months old.

I only know this as I was a named referee of a good friend who was being promoted in the RAF. I had a visit from the MOD and an eight hour chat. It was that guy that told me the aforementioned.
Old 03-08-2009, 08:31 PM
Regular User

C'mon Clive, give me some credit!! I am fully aware they fought themselves in the civil war, I was joking, although thoretically as it was US vs US the US won. I was going to say the war of independence but I think France of all people had a hand in that. I'm well gutted anyone thought I was that backward!
Old 04-08-2009, 02:01 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikkers
C'mon Clive, give me some credit!! I am fully aware they fought themselves in the civil war, I was joking, although thoretically as it was US vs US the US won. I was going to say the war of independence but I think France of all people had a hand in that. I'm well gutted anyone thought I was that backward!

Sorry Mikker's misread your intelligence

That's the trouble with modern day communication.
Threads, posts, text messages never paint the full picture. Too much guessing involved & often wrong.

Nothing like talking face to face.
Old 04-08-2009, 04:13 PM
Gold Member

Lol, miss communication...thats how wars start...

Anyway, I think were all agreed, we shouldnt be out there.