South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > General Car / Scooby Chat

General Car / Scooby Chat General chat, car related. Threads posted in here may well be re-directed to a more relevant home.

Old 29-03-2016, 05:09 PM
Regular User

Default Plasma dial kit on an sti

Hi all I'm looking at maybe fitting a plasma dial kit onto the cluster of my 04 Impreza wrx sti. The one thing I've noticed in all the kits I've looked at is there is no cut out for the shift light on the Rev counter. The kits state sti 160moh but there is no mention of the shift light.
Has anyone had one fitted and got round the shift light issue or should I stay away and go the route of removing the green film to be able to get my dash a better colour.
Anyone who has fitted or knows if it's possible your help would be great any pics available of installs with shift light showing would be good.
Old 29-03-2016, 05:42 PM
Platinum Member

My personal opinion i wouldnt bother fitting that crap just leave it as it .

1998 UK Turbo , 1998 Terzo , 1997 JDM Type R the money pit , 2004 black WRX STI Type UK , 2004 blue FSTI
Old 29-03-2016, 05:53 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty View Post
My personal opinion i wouldnt bother fitting that crap just leave it as it .

Now tell us what you really think!
Old 30-03-2016, 12:42 AM
Regular User

Default 05 sti cluster into my 04 sti

I'm thinking of changing my cluster for an 05 sti cluster but wondered what issues I'd get with doing it. Mine is an 04 sti no dccd and has the green lighting. Does have the Gear shift light and beeper but I'm really liking the red effect on the 05 sti cluster or late 04 sti cluster. Mine is an 04 but I believe the 54 plates have the newer clusters.
Would this be possible to do.
Anyone done it and have helping words then bring on the pics and advice
Thanks all
Old 30-03-2016, 05:53 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banstead Stig View Post

Now tell us what you really think!
Do you really want to know

1998 UK Turbo , 1998 Terzo , 1997 JDM Type R the money pit , 2004 black WRX STI Type UK , 2004 blue FSTI
Old 30-03-2016, 07:04 AM

I have never done it, I imagine they would be a straight swap figment wise but the dials from a Widetrack Sti (2005>) will have the DCCD selection diagram between the fuel and temp gauges. Also bare in mind your mileage will read differently.

I have a 54 Sti and it has the older style, green light cluster.
Old 30-03-2016, 09:28 AM
Bronze Member

I think the abs light will be on, dccd light will be on, rear diff temp sensor on, I think with the later sweeping dials cluster you have to start soldering things to sort it out.
I'm sure there is a guide online,
Old 30-03-2016, 03:48 PM
Regular User

Default Blue cluster in my 04 sti

Hi all just another question regarding changing the bulb colour in my Impreza sti 04 plate. I have blue LEDs now fitted but the needles are still too dim to see at night. I am debating getting the 3 led tri power LEDs from eBay or other sites but not sure they would make a difference.
What I'm asking is if I was to scrape the green film off the back of the clusters would this help in getting my needles brighter. At the moment the numbers on the cluster are just about bright enough but needles are dull.
Don't want to have to remove the green film unless it will aid in getting more light to the needles.
Anyone done this got pics would love to see done ie scraped green film off and fitted blue LEDs on their 03-04 sti clusters.
Old 30-03-2016, 03:56 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

Hi,

As your three threads are all about the clusters, I've merged them together.