South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > Non Scooby / Non Car Related

Non Scooby / Non Car Related Anything Non-Scooby related.

Old 01-01-2012, 10:17 PM
Bronze Member

Default Cellulitis makes for a great Christmas

Jesus.

We moved from Adelaide to Brisbane last week, just before Christmas. We went swimming at a place called Soth Bank in Brisbane CBD [about 50m from my office] and i gashed my foot [not too badly]. Nothing happened for a few days then the cut started to go redder and redder to the point that on Christmas Day I couldn't walk and had the sweats.

Ended up in A+E and spent the next 4 days laid up in bed with no TV , on the last day I got a reprieve and was allowed out for a couple of hiurs, Went home and messed around with the kids, in doing that I bumped my shin.

Went back to hospital and got discharged [just as the doctor was talking possible amputation of the foot one stage]. Later that evening my shin got sorer and sorer. Next morning lovely red welt and absolute agony.......basically the cellulitis in my foot has spread to the shin. That was on the 28th, now sitting here having spent over a week bedridden and sore.

Just thought I'd share that with ya

Don't get it as the pain is incredible

At least its all up from here......

Roo
Old 01-01-2012, 10:30 PM
Crowman

Fook mate, sounds awful.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:35 PM
Events / Ring Trip Organiser

Not the ideal start to the new year.

Still as they say ,

Things can only get better.

I hope you have a speedy recovery and get well soon,

Happy New Year..
Old 02-01-2012, 02:23 AM
Bronze Member

Aye but of a booger. My STi was moved up here a month ago so I've not been able to go for a spin yet boohoo...
Old 02-01-2012, 08:18 AM
Platinum Member

Feeling for you Roo!

Get better soon Matey!!

Keith

:wagon:
Old 02-01-2012, 10:01 AM
worzel

So sorry to hear this Roo!

Here's hoping for a speedy recovery mate, all the best!

Steve
Old 02-01-2012, 10:08 AM
Platinum Member

ouch...sounds nasty

ha ha
Old 03-01-2012, 09:08 AM
Bronze Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hongkongfooi View Post
ouch...sounds nasty

ha ha
Pretty inoxious really just a red patch [though the cut on the foot looked pretty mean for a while]. However it's incredibly painful and [as all the doctors streesed] incredidbly dangerous too even though very common.

ASll I have to say is wash and sterislise ya cuts cos I aint going through that again. Pain of a broken limb is a walk in the park let me tell ya.

Any how's getting better and getting out.

Cheers

Roo