South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > General Car / Scooby Chat

General Car / Scooby Chat General chat, car related. Threads posted in here may well be re-directed to a more relevant home.

Old 21-11-2012, 09:17 AM
Gold Member

Default Remap Time

Off to get my car remapped by JGM @ SRR. Will post up results later.....
Old 21-11-2012, 10:39 AM
Gold Member

On a Tues? Thought he was only there on Thursday? Good luck anyway.
Old 21-11-2012, 10:53 AM
Platinum Member

good luck mate
Old 21-11-2012, 11:02 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortster View Post
On a Tues? Thought he was only there on Thursday? Good luck anyway.
Erm it's Wednesday?!haha. He's only here on Wednesdays usually! Cheers mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hongkongfooi View Post
good luck mate
Cheers mate
Old 21-11-2012, 11:29 AM
Gold Member

Ops...Im at the wrong job then...haha
Old 21-11-2012, 11:52 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortster View Post
Ops...Im at the wrong job then...haha

*Edit. Just realised what you put. Where you actually at the wrong job then? Haha. I get my days confused all the time. Never gone in when i shouldn't have though!

Last edited by ScoobyStu; 21-11-2012 at 05:22 PM.
Old 21-11-2012, 05:30 PM
Gold Member

Car's all done, made 338.4bhp and 340 Torque. All in good health which is the most important thing for me. Enjoyable day, Thanks to Midlife for the company. Charlie for his assistance and use of his rolling road and of course Simon (JGM) for mapping it. Nice to meet you and put a face to the infamous name.

Next up is new front pads and discs as my 'unwarpable' dics have erm well, warped again for the second time! Think one must be cracked as it's actually horrendous when breaking from motorway speed, like sitting on a washing machine on spin dry!!
Old 21-11-2012, 05:58 PM
Events / Ring Trip Organiser

Nice one Stu.

Re your brakes contact Alyn at AS Performance..
Old 21-11-2012, 06:09 PM
Nige

Well done. What mods are on it?
Make sure your pistons are all clean & working as they should be. Do you have any play in the hub?
Old 21-11-2012, 07:36 PM
Silver Member

nice result mate
Old 21-11-2012, 08:56 PM
Silver Member

Good to see you again mate, get those front brakes sorted and enjoy that power and torque, interesting drive home! not sure my drifting attempts are quite up to Ken Blocks driving skills. lol. ps have you sorted the cel light ok.
Old 22-11-2012, 03:39 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG"E" View Post
Nice one Stu.

Re your brakes contact Alyn at AS Performance..
Cheers 'E'.

I was going to do exactly that mate, used him for all my servicing bits and couldn't fault the service or price.
Old 22-11-2012, 03:55 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nige View Post
Well done. What mods are on it?
Make sure your pistons are all clean & working as they should be. Do you have any play in the hub?
Cheers Nige. It was stage one tuned by GRD about 5-6 years ago and has remained the same since. Full decat, fuel pump, panel filter and remap. My actual car when it was done [URL="http://www.greenwoodracing.co.uk/cc_sti_0305_stg1_1.asp#[/URL]

As for my brakes. I'm adament they were warped or out of tolerance since i've had them. They were vibrating since they were fitted and i just thought that's how they were as i'd never had drilled discs before. Turns out they shouldn't be doing that so took it to SMD who checked everything very thouroughly and concluded it was indeed the discs that were warped. Had them skimmed up and they were good as gold for a few weeks maybe a few months, then it started again. I've never been on a track with them and I very very seldom have to brake hard. Never skidded the car or even had the abs working in it that's how gently i use my brakes.

They are gaurenteed not to crack or warp in the first 12 months and when i phoned up about it, they said they'd never known it happen so far so i guess i've just been unlucky. Statistically someone's got to be. The only trouble is like any warranty/gaurentee it's subject to a checking process to make sure they are definitely cracked/warped so i'd need to take them off and send them away for checking meaning i'd be carless for a few weeks. It's my daily driver so that can't happen so will buy new ones, different make, and then send these back and go from there.

Last edited by ScoobyStu; 22-11-2012 at 08:40 PM. Reason: Link not working....Still not working???
Old 22-11-2012, 03:59 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by impreza27 View Post
nice result mate
Cheers mate, quite happy with it.....for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIDLIFE View Post
Good to see you again mate, get those front brakes sorted and enjoy that power and torque, interesting drive home! not sure my drifting attempts are quite up to Ken Blocks driving skills. lol. ps have you sorted the cel light ok.
Good to see you too mate, always a pleasure. As for the brakes, see above. Will be after xmas now but they will be done! Yeah was interesting, awful weather spoilt it a bit but still. I'd have left my arse at that roundabout had that happened to me i can tell you that, Ken would have been proud,haha.

Yeah I deleted/cleared it as soon as i got home then when i drove it a few hours later it was fine. Another thing I will have to sort out.....