South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > General Car / Scooby Chat

General Car / Scooby Chat General chat, car related. Threads posted in here may well be re-directed to a more relevant home.

Old 08-02-2014, 03:45 PM
Silver Member

Default When's it going to end???

Halfway through doing my clutch and the bloody weather is holding me back, I'm doing it outside on axel stands and it hasn't stopped raining all week, we might have 10 mins of sun the bang the bloody hailstones hit, really had enough of it now, seems never ending ggggrrrrrrrrrr rant over.
Old 08-02-2014, 04:13 PM
Gold Member

Its not, not for a while anyway. SSW hasn't happened yet ( Super Stratospheric Warming ) which should have. This basicly pushes the jet stream south, which means we're no longer in the firing line from the Atlantic.

The down side of the SSW is that it allows could air from the east to creep in, which means snow.

The early signs are it might happen mid feb.
Old 08-02-2014, 04:17 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortster View Post
Its not, not for a while anyway. SSW hasn't happened yet ( Super Stratospheric Warming ) which should have. This basicly pushes the jet stream south, which means we're no longer in the firing line from the Atlantic.

The down side of the SSW is that it allows could air from the east to creep in, which means snow.

Cheers for that mate, really appriciate it, you've made my day mate lol.
Don't want snow my little combo van doesn't like it.
Old 08-02-2014, 04:21 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortster View Post

what are you....Michael Fish?
Old 08-02-2014, 04:44 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hongkongfooi View Post
Nah, what Mortster said sounded plausible.

"There'll be no hurricane"

As an aside that is, I believe, a clever bit of misquoting as he went on to say there would be a storm.
Old 08-02-2014, 04:51 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hongkongfooi View Post
Think its a case of working outside you follow the weather a bit closer
Old 08-02-2014, 06:41 PM
It Tick's All His Boxes.....or Scratches Another Itch.

I've Been putting off doing the turbo on my Scoob for weeks because it the weather, and just when I think we are unlikely to get snow, there is a hint we might get it yet.

And my fear is if we get the white stuff anything like as much as the wet stuff we have had of late. Only the best and most venturous 4x4 owners will be getting about. So don't really want to get half stuck into doing my turbo when at the moment its perfect useable if the white stuff comes...
Old 08-02-2014, 06:44 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobEvo5 View Post
I've Been putting off doing the turbo on my Scoob for weeks because it the weather, and just when I think we are unlikely to get snow, there is a hint we might get it yet.

And my fear is if we get the white stuff anything like as much as the wet stuff we have had of late. Only the best and most venturous 4x4 owners will be getting about. So don't really want to get half stuck into doing my turbo when at the moment its perfect useable if the white stuff comes...
Exactly mate may aswell wait it out till we get decent weather, I had to do my clutch as it was slipping quite bad and didn't want to keep driving it, I should have just taken it to the garage but me being a tight as* thought I'd do it myself lol sort of shot my self in the foot with this one
Old 08-02-2014, 09:01 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. J. View Post
Think its a case of working outside you follow the weather a bit closer
Oh yes you follow it very close !