South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > General Car / Scooby Chat

General Car / Scooby Chat General chat, car related. Threads posted in here may well be re-directed to a more relevant home.

Old 11-08-2014, 08:47 AM
Regular User

Question Dump valve advice

Hi,

I know DV is a love/hate thing - but please no hate

I think the DV I have on my scoob has had it - Sometimes doesn't release the pressure and I can hear it chatter, which sounds cool but isn't good for my turbo (it never used to do this).

So I'm looking for a replacement - Never bought one, as the one I have came with the car - So I'm not exactly sure what to look for and which are good quality.

So any advice and your thoughts on this would be great.

Thanks!
Old 11-08-2014, 11:26 AM
Gold Member

Piston is probably sticking. Mine done it last year when it was really, really cold. Give it a squirt with some oil and see how it goes.
Old 11-08-2014, 12:17 PM
Moderator (formerly known as Bluebugeye!)

I had a forge vta which was great, as was my APS dual port before that.
Custom exhaust - Cosworth filter - Samco Intake - Tints - Bilstein B8/B6 & STI springs - SuperPro ALK - Whiteline positive shift kit, rack mounts, rear adjustable camber bushes, front ARB mounts & strut brace, 20mm rear ARB with AVO mounts, - Hardrace Gearbox and pitch mounts - Prodrive PFF7's - Front Brembos - Kenwood CarPlay - 1/2 carbon grille - STI front splitter
Old 11-08-2014, 04:08 PM
Gold Member

Go for a decent brand, and not a cheapy from eBay. On the V1 Ive a standard Baily's single piston type, and on the Bug I've a GFB Vent to air/Recirc with adjustable either way and spring pressure, wasn't cheap but is best of both worlds.
Old 11-08-2014, 04:49 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortster View Post
Go for a decent brand, and not a cheapy from eBay. On the V1 Ive a standard Baily's single piston type, and on the Bug I've a GFB Vent to air/Recirc with adjustable either way and spring pressure, wasn't cheap but is best of both worlds.
I'm thinking the latter, it'll be nice to adjust either way - and as you say, have the best of both worlds.

GFB a decent brand? As I don't know haha

Thanks!
Old 11-08-2014, 05:27 PM
Bronze Member

I have a gfb hybrid valve, only have it on 5% vent and 95% recirc and it's great
Old 11-08-2014, 08:23 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foz50 View Post
I'm thinking the latter, it'll be nice to adjust either way - and as you say, have the best of both worlds.

GFB a decent brand? As I don't know haha

Thanks!

http://www.gfb.com.au/

One of the biggest after market firms in Aus
Old 11-08-2014, 08:23 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortster View Post
http://www.gfb.com.au/

One of the biggest after market firms in Aus
Haha!

Ok great thanks, I'll check them out