South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > General Car / Scooby Chat

General Car / Scooby Chat General chat, car related. Threads posted in here may well be re-directed to a more relevant home.

Old 15-08-2011, 10:29 PM
Platinum Member

Default I drove an Evo FQ400 MR Saturday and

must admit it was quite nice to drive. I also came home the 150+ miles in it.
Soooo different to the P1 whereby you could hold a sensible conversation on motorways. The centre mirror had zero vibration which was cool and when going over bumps and manholes yer scrotum doesn't side exit ya pants.

Better on fuel as well.

All in all quite nice.
Old 15-08-2011, 10:45 PM
Platinum Member

I got offered one in part exchange on my car... thought it was boring to drive compared to be honest, a RS Focus i drove was more fun
Old 15-08-2011, 11:19 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anger View Post
I got offered one in part exchange on my car... thought it was boring to drive compared to be honest, a RS Focus i drove was more fun
Yep RS Focus's are nice but why oh why didn't they make it 4X4, or do they do one yet ?
Old 16-08-2011, 12:37 AM
Crowman

4X4 focus RS would have been quality
Old 16-08-2011, 10:29 AM
It Tick's All His Boxes.....or Scratches Another Itch.

The FQ340 is supposed to a much nicer car still. Less lag, and just a remap takes them to very comfortable FQ400 performance and 400/400.

I just picture the Clarkson episode when anyone ever mentions the FQ400..

I've not tried one but I suspect a FQ340 straight out of the box would be a very capable and reliable car.
Old 21-08-2011, 10:00 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobEvo5 View Post
The FQ340 is supposed to a much nicer car still. Less lag, and just a remap takes them to very comfortable FQ400 performance and 400/400.

I just picture the Clarkson episode when anyone ever mentions the FQ400..

I've not tried one but I suspect a FQ340 straight out of the box would be a very capable and reliable car.
the car clive is refering to is a 340mr mapped to 400/400 so no lag whatsoever

steve