South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > General Car / Scooby Chat

General Car / Scooby Chat General chat, car related. Threads posted in here may well be re-directed to a more relevant home.

Old 06-11-2012, 07:06 PM
Silver Member

Default anyone know this car or garage??

hi guys an girls.

does anybody know or had a look at this car or know the garage??.
http://classifieds.pistonheads.com/c...history/862027

it does seem a bit over priced in my eyes, but i would be interested if i could get the price down slightly.

all opinions welcome.

thanks sam
Old 06-11-2012, 07:49 PM
'2 Spanners Qualified Technician' - If your job requires more then 1 spanner I'm your man !!!!!

Never dealt with the garage, but they have been going a while and seem to have some nice cars. Though, that is a lot of money for a 2004 car, however low the mileage. You can get an rb320 for that sort if money now. Stick a few miles on it and it will be worth less than half that very quickly.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:00 PM
Silver Member

thanks for the reply mate. Yeah i agree, it is a lot of money, if i was to go for it i wouldnt pay more than 10k.
I do like the rb320 but have heard bad things about the 2.5ltr engine, which has always put me off.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:18 PM
'2 Spanners Qualified Technician' - If your job requires more then 1 spanner I'm your man !!!!!

Don't let the engines put you off. A few have let go, but I ran mine for 6years with no hassle and for the last 3 years it was mapped and around 340 bhp/380 lbs/ft and didn't miss a beat. Having said all that I am now looking for a late (05) blob 2.0 as I fancy one of those now. That, or a mint classic. The one advertised is nice, and if you were to store it and keep the mileage at nothing then it would be collectable, but as soon as it hits 20k plus, the value will be more like every other one of its year.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:22 PM

LOL, just seen the picture of your car in your avatar, think I saw you couple of mondays ago on the seaford bends. Looked really nice mate
Old 06-11-2012, 08:59 PM
Silver Member

lol, cheers mate, she may look nice!! but dont let that fool you, mechanically she is a pain in the arse lol, shes a cat d, i brought her cheap thinking i could bring her back to her origional glory, but one thing after another keeps going wrong, and worst of all the gearbox is about to give up and both rear wheel bearings need changing.
so gunna give up now before it cost me too much and probably end up breaking her (probably get more dollar that way).
I am now looking for a standard untouched blob sti 04/05.
Old 06-11-2012, 09:10 PM
Bronze Member

hi mate ive brought and sold a car to them and there very very good chaps
Old 06-11-2012, 09:13 PM
Silver Member

ok thanks mate, i've just looked at their website and the car is sold lol
Old 06-11-2012, 10:10 PM
Silver Member

Too much money, about 4k over priced imho.
Old 07-11-2012, 09:13 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogg123 View Post
Problem solved then? Have to agree with the guys, only a good buy if you keep the miles off.

I paid a lot for mine back in 2010 (Dealer prices) then just watched the price drop of a cliff over the last 2 years. Thought my mileage was pretty good till Stiggy told me what was his

Good luck with looking
Old 07-11-2012, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogg123 View Post

There you go. Take no notice of me, I know nothing