South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Garage > General Mechanics

Old 23-11-2012, 01:31 PM
Regular User

Default DIY Service

Hi all,

I was having a look through the DIY section, trying to find info for doing my own service. A friend of mine mentioned that in order to change sparks, I need to remove an engine mount, is that correct?

Is there, anywhere, a DIY guide to servicing?
Old 23-11-2012, 02:18 PM
Nige

Hello & welcome matey. Can you put some pics up of your car & tell us a little bit about you please.
Old 23-11-2012, 02:23 PM
Regular User

Hiya,
Yeah I did do that before the little issue there was and I had to re-register.
I will probably have to post in the new member section? I will get that done soon
Old 23-11-2012, 02:53 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticeEmpire View Post
Hi all,

I was having a look through the DIY section, trying to find info for doing my own service. A friend of mine mentioned that in order to change sparks, I need to remove an engine mount, is that correct?

Is there, anywhere, a DIY guide to servicing?
No need to remove engine mount
Old 23-11-2012, 02:59 PM
Silver Member

as above, no need to remove engine mount.

If you have a classic, your windscreen washer bottle and your airbox will need to come out to get at the back sparkplugs each side, but thats all, and not hard to do. I think they are gapped at .6, can't remember for sure (I have to look it up every time i do it lol)
Old 23-11-2012, 03:48 PM
Regular User

I've got a 02 WRX, I've read its air box and battery out, and the jacking the car up and letting suspension drop and using an access hole in drivers wheel arch/well?

Any recommendations on which plugs?
Old 23-11-2012, 05:44 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

On my 02 WRX, pretty sure its just airbox assembly out for one side, washer bottle out for the other.

Plugwise, NGK PFR6B are the standard ones but go for the PFR7B's as they're no more expensive normally (and better).
Old 23-11-2012, 06:35 PM
Silver Member

just need to remove airbox on drivers side and move washer bottle to one side on passage side no need to jack it up tho mate, ive just fitted NGK PFR7B's
Old 23-11-2012, 06:36 PM
Gold Member

ngk pfr7bs also bout 40 quid for four mate.
Old 23-11-2012, 07:33 PM
Authorised Trader

only time i have had to remove the engine mount is when the car has a decidely bent chassis leg that encroaches on the head!!!

ASPerformance 0191-4103770
PELTOR, PFC BRAKES, PAGID MOTUL, FERODO, SPEEDLINE, TRS, MINTEX, PIAA, HELLA, TEIN, WHITELINE, SUPER-PRO, MILLERS OILS
online shop!!